Thank you for your interest in Pasadena Christian School!
PCS TK-8th Grade
2024-2025 Application Deadlines:
Priority Deadline: December 1st (reduced application fee to $50)
Regular Deadline: Friday, February 2nd
Applications for the 2024-2025 School Year will open at the beginning of October.
PCS is still accepting applications for our 2023-2024 school year. For more information, please contact our Admissions Office: email@example.com, (626) 791-1214.
PCS Preschool accepts applications year round.
TK-8th Grade Families: We welcome you to attend our upcoming Prospective Family Open House on Tuesday, October 17th to learn more about Pasadena Christian School! You can RSVP here!
Step 1: Attend a Tour
- The best way to get to know Pasadena Christian School and Preschool is to visit our beautiful campus. Your tour will give you the opportunity to see the campus, classrooms, and meet our faculty and staff.
- To schedule a tour please click here!
Step 2: Apply
- There is a non-refundable $125 application fee for TK-8th grade applicants and a $75 application fee for preschool.
- Applicants for Kindergarten 2024, must be five years of age, and applicants for first grade must be six years of age by September 1, 2024.
- Families that are currently enrolled at the PCS preschool do not need to submit an application for TK and Kindergarten for the PCS program. A separate admission process will be prepared for you.
- New Preschool Applicants: Pasadena Christian Preschool admits children as young as 2 years of age up to pre-kindergarten.
- Begin your application here!
Step 3: Testing For Elementary/Junior High
- There is no testing necessary for Preschool.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK):
- There is no assessment necessary for TK unless recommended by PCS.
- The TK program traditionally enrolls children whose fifth birthday falls between September 2 and December 31 in the upcoming school year. Additionally, students with summer birthdays can be considered who would benefit from an additional year of developmental growth.
- Kindergarten applicants will be given a developmental readiness test/screening. The screening will help us to discover the child’s readiness level both developmentally and socially.
- Social/emotional readiness is a valued criterion for admission.
- If the results of the kindergarten testing indicate that your child would benefit from a bonus year, your child may be recommended for the TK program. In this case, he/she will be expected to progress to Kindergarten in 2024-2025 with no further testing.
1st through 8th Grade:
- An abbreviated SAT test is administered by PCS faculty.
- Each student must achieve at, or preferably above, national grade level in order to be eligible for admission.
- Students must also possess the age appropriate social skills and behaviors needed for them to be successful in our program.
Step 4: Admission Decision/Enrollment
Admissions Decision for Preschool:
- After an application is submitted, parents of preschoolers will either receive directions for enrollment, or be notified of being placed on the waitlist.
Admissions Decision for TK-8th:
- A combination of test results, teacher observation, teacher recommendations, report cards, and report card comments are used to evaluate each candidate for admission.
- The admissions committee then makes the final recommendation to the Head of School for admission.
- An offer of enrollment will be made if recommended by the Head of School and Admissions Committee.
- Parents will be notified of the admissions via email or by mail.
Pasadena Christian School is a non-denominational, independent school with a strong commitment to the teachings of Christ as Lord and Savior. It is expected that prospective parents support our Mission Statement and the school’s Statement of Faith.
Thank you for considering Pasadena Christian School!
Pasadena Christian School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.